Alpha-gal Research Links
1. Kennedy JL, Stallings AP, Platts-Mills TA, et al. Galactose-α-1,3-galactose and delayed anaphylaxis, angioedema, and urticaria in children. Pediatrics. 2013;131:e1545-52.
2. Posthumus J, James HR, Lane CJ, et al. Initial description of pork-cat syndrome in the United States. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2013;131:923-5.
3. Commins SP, Platts-Mills TA. Delayed anaphylaxis to red meat in patients with IgE specific for galactose-alpha-1,3-galactose (alpha-gal) [Review]. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2013;13:72-7.
4. Mullins RJ, James H, Platts-Mills TA, Commins S. Relationship between red meat allergy and sensitization to gelatin and galactose-α-1,3-galactose. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2012;129:1334-42.
5. Commins SP, Kelly LA, Ronmark E, et al. Galactose-α-1,3-galactose-specific IgE is associated with anaphylaxis but not asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012;185:723-30.
6. Commins SP, James HR, Kelly LA, et al. The relevance of tick bites to the production of IgE antibodies to the mammalian oligosaccharide galactose-α-1,3-galactose. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;127:1286-93.
7. Commins SP and Platts-Mills TA. Allergenicity of carbohydrates and their role in anaphylactic events [Review]. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2010;10:29-33.
8. Commins SP and Platts-Mills TA. Anaphylaxis syndromes related to a new mammalian cross-reactive carbohydrate determinant [Review]. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;124:652-7.
9. Commins, SP, Satinover SM, Hosen J, et al. Delayed anaphylaxis, angioedema, or urticaria after consumption of red meat in patients with IgE antibodies specific for galactose-alpha-1,3-galactose. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;123:426-33.